Changing the way athletes and patients are cared for.
Topical Gear patented technology applies 25mmHg to muscles or ligaments with T:25 pads incorporated into our products to enhance proprioception and neuromuscular communication, reducing risk of injury and enhancing performance.
Agonist and antagonist muscles work together to create bodily movement.
- Agonist Muscles– can cause movement to occur through their own contractions. Also called “prime movers”, because they are the muscles considered primarily responsible for generating a specific movement.
- Antagonist Muscles– oppose a specific movement. Controls a motion, slows it down and returns the limb to its initial position.
The T:25 Knee, Vlosity and Pro Taco products are all designed to apply topical pressure on an agonist and antagonist muscle to optimize movement.
- By applying T:25 pads to the medial quadriceps and medial hamstring (agonist and antagonist), proprioception and neuromuscular communication are enhanced, causing the femur to be externally rotated improving knee alignment.
- Thin and light– only 2 oz.
- Easy to apply and remove
- Indications: post-op ACL reconstruction, patella femoral and patella tendonitis issues and Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Use: Wear 1.5 hours/day for 10 days in motion. Then 1.5 hours/every other day for 6 weeks in motion. After initial training of the key muscles are complete, this can be worn as desired.
The Pro Taco
By applying two T:25 pads to the peroneal longus and brevis, behind the lateral malleolus and a T:25 pad to the anterior tibialis on the medial posterior side of the malleolus (agonist and antagonist muscles), we enhance neuromuscular communication.
Another T:25 pad is placed on the lateral side of the foot, applying topical pressure to the ATFL and CFL to enhance proprioception.
- 50% lighter and less bulky than an ankle brace
- Easy to apply and remove
- Allows for full range of motion
- Indications: apply post injury or post-op
- Use: Wear 1.5 hours/day for 10 days in motion. Continue to wear if anticipated for a minimum of 1.5 hours/every other day for 6 weeks. Then as desired.
–If an individual has been wearing a brace or tape for more than four months, transition into wearing the Pro Taco over 7 to 14 days.
The Vlosity contains a self-adjusting tensioning system that draws the upper torso back, training the rhomboid and trapezius muscles to enhance posture.
When this occurs, the scapula moves into a posterior tilt, allowing the humeral head to move more freely, improving mechanics of the shoulder.
- Zips on and off
- Breathable and lightweight
- Self-adjusting tensioning system
- Ability to quantify progress
- Indications: post injury or post-op shoulder, cervical, thoracic or lumbar.
- Use: Wear 1 hour/every other day for 14 days while not in motion, reading, on the computer etc . Then wear 1.5/14 days and as desired afterwards.
- The Vlosity should fit firm against the body.